By the end of 2014, the Agami Team will be working together around the world to raise $30k to support education for underprivileged children in the following years. Here are some ways that you can help:
- Meet Rajib: Watch a Video about Rajib or Read about Rajib.
- Volunteer: Agami is expanding with chapters in the East and the West Coast. If you are concerned about providing education to underprivileged children, then you're at the right place.
- Attend a Fundraising Event: For more information on events, see the Agami Events Page which includes Yoga with Rajashree Choudhury and Agami's first fundraising event in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Become a Member: Join the Agami Team by becoming a leader in your community. As a zero-overhead non-profit, we are depending on volunteers like you.
- Donate: If you are unable to give your time, please take a moment to open your pocket and give directly to the schools in Bangladesh. Click on Donate to make an online donation.
Please email email@example.com if you would like to help out.
Agami is dedicated to promote education for the underprivileged in Bangladesh.
Our program focus includes meeting the basic needs for a welcoming and enriching school environment and localizing global innovations in education technology to empower underprivileged students.
We work directly with schools across Bangladesh. We learn from the teachers, students, parents and school administrators and continue to develop our programs to provide access to quality education.
For an on overview, please read Agami at a Glance.
Agami has a dream and a mission - all children in Bangladesh will have equal opportunity for a quality education. We will create change through education.
We can dream such big dreams because of believers like you. Realizing this big dream requires novel innovative solutions to create a large-scale impact. To this end, we forged a very successful partnership with the Khan Academy. They are arguably the best known and most accessible interactive learning solution available. And it's free.
Our New School Partners in 2013
This year we are happy to welcome 4 new schools in our School Program. The schools are located in Narayanganj, Gopalganj, Chapainawabganj and Jessore.
With a total funding of $13,250, Agami is assisting the schools to set up computer labs and teacher lounge facilities.
Once the computer labs are completed, in addition to allowing student access to computers, the schools will be prepared to implement technology based education, such as Agami’s Khan Academy Program.
Join our Internship Program
Agami welcomes students who are passionate about education and particularly about making a change in the lives of underprivileged children, to get involved in our work through internships. Our interns have the opportunity to work directly with children and in schools. Many of the positions involve team work, where the interns work with other University students to complete an assignment.
In 2013, Agami interns are visiting schools across the country, monitoring project impact, providing mentoring and tutoring support, conducting computer classes and developing teaching aids to improve Science education.
Since the start of the program in 2009, Agami has welcomed interns from a number of schools and universities from USA and Bangladesh. These include:
- Harker School, San Jose
- Mission San Jose High School, Fremont
- Oakland Technical High School, Oakland
- Leland High School, San Jose
- Carleton College, Northfield
- IBA, University of Dhaka
- North South University, Dhaka
- BRAC University, Dhaka
- IER, University of Dhaka
- East West University, Dhaka
- Daffodil International University, Dhaka
- IUBAT, Dhaka
If you are interested in our internship program, please send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.