All children in Bangladesh will have equal opportunity for a quality education.
Agami's mission is to focus on effecting lasting socio-economic change in Bangladesh through education. We provide quality basic education for underprivileged children. To enable a “holistic” solution, our programs may be combined with our partners' programs for public health, vocational training, economic development, and other human development initiatives.
We have established a list of core values that guide our activities in order to fulfill our mission:
- Action group: We measure our success by the positive impact of the activities we undertake.
- Education: The focus of our group is empowering children through education.
- We define 'basic' education in terms of fundamental education necessary to become an effective citizen, not in terms of means. We will utilize any effective means and techniques necessary to provide pre-college education as defined by the government of Bangladesh
- We firmly believe that education is the best vehicle for breaking the cycle of poverty in developing countries. We will partner with other organizations, when and where possible, to provide a holistic solution addressing other critical needs such as health care, nutrition and economic opportunities.
- We may also choose to engage in local partnerships that align with Agami's vision, mission and core values.
- Secular: We aim to help any underprivileged child, regardless of religion.
- Non-political: We do not partner with any political group and/or party of national or international origin.
- Volunteer based: All of our members are volunteers, not paid employees. We may hire non-member staff to help execute our projects and programs.
- Donations: 100% of project donations received are invested in projects and programs benefiting the underprivileged.
Board of Directors
Abu S Mahmudul Hassan
Dr. Abu Hassan is currently the Chairman of the Board of Directors of Agami Inc. He has previously served as the President of Agami and is one of the founding members of this organization. Dr. Hassan has been serving the non-resident Bangladeshi community in North America for the last three decades as a cultural activist, elocutionist, and a publisher. He has been the co-founder and editor of a Bangla publication named Porshi. Dr. Hassan received his Bachelor of Engineering degree from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET). He obtained Master of Engineering and PhD in Electrical Engineering from McGill University, Montreal, Canada. Since graduation, he has worked in the high tech industry in Canada and USA, and is currently a technical sales executive in the Silicon Valley.
Mustafiz Choudhury has been serving as a Director of the Board of Agami Inc. for 6 years. He has been involved with Agami as a supporter and contributor to Agami's causes for over 10 years. He started his involvement with non-profit organizations in the bay area by becoming associated with Beyond War over 25 years ago. He is involved with and contributes to other socio-economic organizations such as Breakthrough Silicon Valley and BADC. Mustafiz enjoys playing and watching sports including basketball and badminton. At Agami, Mustafiz has been providing guidance with respect to governance issues. Mustafiz is currently a senior executive at a multinational semiconductor company. Prior to his current venture, Mustafiz had successful tenures as a founder and/or executive at Silicon Spice, Insilica Inc., and SandForce, which were acquired by Broadcom, Aptina and LSI/Avago, respectively. He started his career at Intel out of college and worked there for 12 years where he designed or led the design of flagship Microprocessors of the company. Mustafiz has over 25 years of industry experience in the semiconductor and high technology industry and holds numerous patents in the areas of microprocessor design and signal processing. He also serves as a limited partner and adviser to a couple of venture capital and private equity firms. Mustafiz has an M.S. in Electrical and Computer Engineering from Virginia Tech. and a B.S. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET).
(to be updated soon)
(to be updated soon)